Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Vignette [vin-yet] of Vases

"Decorative vignettes are lovely displays of treasured objects found on console tables, end tables and nestled on shelves. These arrangements add detail to your home's decor and a personal touch to your rooms. Designing a vignette to compliment your space takes nothing more than a little time and thought."

Creating a vignette of tiny vases to display cuttings from the garden is easy, cheap and unique. I like fresh flowers and foliage in my home, and while I don't mind paying for a bunch of flowers, I don't like the dying smelly messy bunches of flowers that inevitably occur just two days later. I do like experimenting with grouping small bud vases or tumblers or any pretty containers . In each container display one or two cutting stems from your favourite garden plants. I use Succulents that sprout roots easily. So when I want to change my floral display I simply put the cutting back into my courtyard garden and they take root! I like that.


Buy similar Pear Bud Vases from Bed, Bath & Table $AUD8.95 each

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails